One of our good friends here on UKSN has been LFC’s Head of Content Paul Rogers. Or he was Head of Content before his work took on a more international feel towards the later part of 2013. His new title is Head of International Digital Development.
Paul was in fact one of the first people to contribute to UKSN almost 3 years ago. He talked back then about interacting and engaging with fans using Facebook and Twitter, not just talking at them in a corporate way. He has always been one of the people within football who has always been ahead of the curve.
Last night he shared some of his initial findings from the first quarter via Twitter. There are some really interesting stats in there which will make fascinating reading to many out there. Here are Paul’s Top 10 findings from LFC’s international digital programme over the last 3 months…
1. #LFC have more fans on Facebook from Indonesia than anywhere else in the world – overtaking the UK for the 1st time in January of 2013
2. In the first three months of activity, the largest increase in fans on the #LFC Facebook page has come from Thailand – a 17.5% increase
6. #LFC now have more Twitter accounts than any other club in the world – 11 accounts tweeting in 8 languages. We had one in November
7. After the UK, fans from Australia are the biggest spenders in the Official Online Store, with fans in America 3rd @LFCANZ
9. Only two countries provide more International #LFC Members than Sweden. Denmark come in in 7th place with Canada 10th
10. After the UK, there are more Registered Users in the official#LFC website from Ireland than from any other country in the world