1966 was founded in 2006 by Terry Byrne and specialises in maximising intellectual property rights, global licensing, branding, endorsements and appearances globally within the football industry.
The team consists of coaches, ex players, managers and global brand and events experts with world-class expertise within the sports industry.
1966 exclusively manages the commercial interests of the England football team including full representation and management of the players commercial programme and relationship with the FA and its partners
Role: Social Media Manager
Salary: £25k-£30k pa
Reporting directly to the Head of Communications, the Social Media Manager will be responsible for creating and implementing the social media strategy for all companies within the 1966 group and specific individuals within the footballing industry.
- Create social media channels and populate
- Grow followers b2b for SEO
- Give individual advice to high profile sporting personal on content strategy for their own social media channels
England Footballers Foundation
- Social media content strategy and calendar to grow followers and engagement
- Work with the players themselves to create content, tweets etc
- Hands on approach to create, implement and populate the strategy for the 1966 groups social media presence across existing platforms on a day-to-day basis.
- Daily moderation, content updates, monitoring and community management of social platforms
- Provide your own creative flair and social media expertise
- Reporting to key internal stakeholders on new and emerging social media platforms and wider market trends.
Desired Skills and Experience
- A minimum two years relevant digital/social media experience.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of Social Media platforms and their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Google+Local, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest etc) and how each platform can be utilised in different scenarios
- Some background knowledge of Public Relations would be useful
- Possesses ability to identify potential negative or crisis situations and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues
- Strong project management or organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with out-of-hours work and working reactively to tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of and interest in football and its unique position within social media.
- Track record of increasing reach and engagement through own ideas and individual management of social accounts.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media, and can provide examples.
- Familiarity with social monitoring tools.
- A team player with confidence to take the lead and guide other employees where necessary.
- Familiarity of working with high-profile figures.
Applications should be sent into email@example.com