SPORT & SOCIAL MEDIA
5.30-8pm Wednesday February 9th 2011
I’m delighted to announce the upcoming event which is part of the awesome ‘Social media Week London’ which runs from 7th – 11th Feb. Find out how the sports industry and the BBC are bringing social media centre stage, featuring major speakers from across the world of sport and broadcasting.
The first batch of 25 free tickets were snapped up in under an hour. The next release go live on Wednesday 2nd Feb on the event website.
5.30pm arrive for a 6pm start
Sport industry showcase
4 industry showcases of how sports organizations are using social media.
15 minutes each
- Football: London Derby – Chelsea FC vs Arsenal FC – how both clubs are using social media to build and engage with communities. 15 mins each, oranges at half time.
- Chelsea’s Social Media and Mobile Coordinator, Laura Higginson & Digital Marketing Analyst, Luca Massaro.
- Arsenal’s Deputy Editor/ Head of Social Media, Chris Harris & Content Delivery Manager, Ben Ladkin.
- The Ashes – how the BBC’s Test Match Special team covered the Ashes online and via social media, with TMS’ Adam Mountford (@tmsproducer)
- Rugby – the RFU‘s Digital Media Editor, Tom Hines, on how the RFU and rugby are approaching social media
BBC Showcase – BBC, Social Media & London 2012
How are BBC sport using social media across sports reporting, commentary and coverage? What are the plans for the future, and what social media plans are in place for BBC’s London 2012 Olympics coverage?
The session will be chaired by Roger Mosey (BBC’s Director of London 2012)
The panel will include:
- Jake Humphrey, BBC Sport presenter – @jakehumphreyf1
- Karen Pickering MBE, four-time world champion swimmer, England’s most successful Commonwealth Games swimmer and BBC 5 Live pundit – @karen_pickering
- Jeanette Kwakye, British 100m champion and only Briton to reach Olympics 100m final in last 25 years – @jnettekwakye
- Lewis Wiltshire, Editor of BBC Sport website and social media lead for BBC Sport – @lewiswiltshire
Event hosted by Sophie Brendel (BBC’s Head of Digital Engagement), Maz Nadjm (Ogilvy’s Head of Social Media) and Dan McLaren (adidas social media lead at Carat), and followed by drinks, networking and a chance to meet some of the panellists in the pub next door.