Following on from the jobs we’ve highlighted previously from Chelsea FC and The RFU, here is another one we thought was too good not to highlight. This time it is at Premier League club West Ham United.
It’s a great opportunity for someone with a love for football, experience of journalism and passion for digital marketing. It’s a club pretty close to my heart as one of my best friends is a season ticket holder and I went to half a dozen matches during their promotion winning campaign last year. It’s also an exciting time to be involved with the club as they could potentially soon be on their way to the Olympic Stadium, if they win the bid to make it their new home.
Good luck if you decide to go for it and pass it onto others who may like it if it’s not for you.
P.s. good luck with Gold, Sullivan and Brady!
Closing Date: 5pm, Friday 5 October 2012
Position: Media Officer (digital)
Due to the growth in our digital output, we are seeking to recruit a Media Officer (digital) to join our busy media team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working into the Content Editor, manage the day-to-day running of the club’s online digital platforms
- Manage copy writing for new stories to include football, corporate, community and marketing, predominantly for digital output
- Assisting with other copy writing across the department where necessary to include matchday programme and emails
- Managing the club’s social media output and offering new ideas to increase followers
- Ensuring marketing needs are satisfied across all digital and social media platforms
- Working with Content and Multimedia Editor to come up with new and innovative ideas for the club’s digital and video platforms
- Contributing to presenting and production of the club’s video output
- Assisting with press office duties on matchday and press days as directed by the Press and Media Manager
- Assisting in all other communication requirements as required by Press and Media Manager and Marketing Director
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least two years’ journalistic experience, preferably online
- A passion for football
- A recognised journalism qualification or extensive experience in the field
- Basic understanding of marketing communication principles
- The ability to work professionally at all times, while also being comfortable in the unique, high-pressured environment of a Premier League football club
We are committed to the principle of equality and equal opportunities in employment. We will actively promote equality and equal opportunities in our business to ensure that individuals receive treatment that is fair and equitable and consistent with their relevant aptitudes, potential skills and abilities. Employees will be recruited and selected, promoted and trained on the basis of objective criteria.
If you are interested in this role, please send a ONE PAGE CV with covering letter and current salary to email@example.com with the job title as the subject line.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 5 October. Due to the expected large number of applicants, we will not be able to reply to every application.